Thursday, March 7, 2013

Happy Birthday Adu!

Dearest Adu,
Happy first Birthday! And here's wishing you tons of more, each happier than the previous one.

This first year was an interesting journey for us all. We saw you grow from a clueless baby to a thinking toddler. I still can't believe that a year has zoomed past so fast. But hey, more fun ahead is what I keep telling myself.

Oh my God!
You are as busy as ever, learning new things and surprising us all the time. Just yesterday, while giving you a bath, I was singing- 'Heads and shoulders; knees and toes, knees and toes, knees and toes; We all clap hands together'! And you started clapping as I went-We all clap hands together. All by yourself! Once, I was searching something, running around here and there, without realizing that you were watching me. And putting my hand to my head, I said 'Oh my God, how could I forget it'! You did the same and since then, whenever we say, 'Oh my God', you put your hand to your head. And, we say it a lot just to observe your reaction!

Hello!
Your favorite object is the 'phone'. That's the first toy you went after in your child-care. Whenever you see a phone or hear someone say 'hello', you put your palm on your ear. It is spontaneous and let me tell you, it is damn cute. That's the reason I've ordered your Birthday cake in the shape of a phone. Now, will you want to eat it or put it on your ear is what we will see in the party this Saturday. Tomorrow, we'll have a cake-cutting in the child care center. The theme of that cake is sea creatures- your first love.

And today, on your birthday, we've planned a trip to the zoo and aquarium. Going by the way you talk to the dogs and the ducks, we hope you would enjoy watching other animals too. Yes, you do talk! You speak a lot, but we are yet not able to make out the words clearly. However, you are very well able to communicate your emotion. You do say some words, like when we sing- 'Old Macdonald had a farm', you say ee-ya, ee-ya. Yes, its about singing. You love music, you enjoy anything that has rhythm and you dance (or jump) in the rhythm. So, when we run out of nursery rhymes, we sing anything we can think of. You are happy whether its 'ruk-ruk-ruk, are baba ruk' or 'its only words and words are what I have...' and we are happy as long as you open your mouth to that song and eat.

And girl, you are very observant. Whenever, I dress up to go out and wear something nice, its amazing how you appreciate it by smiling and trying to touch it. And I tell your dad, "Hey look, that's my daughter"! And then you would go to your dad and hug him without bothering about his clothes or even whether he has shaved or not. Need I tell you what does he say then? Yes, you have brought much fun and laughter in our lives.

Adu, you have taught us to wonder at the world again. Thanks for coming in our lives.

Happy growing!

Love,
Mumma





No comments: