Friday, November 2, 2012

Much ado about nothing

The first day of this week saw Adu in the back of the car all by herself. The two of us went to the library for 'Giggle and Wiggle'. I was stressed- kept talking to her, telling her that I am sitting in the front. Her car seat is still rear facing, so of course she could not see me. She didn't make a single sound- no yelling, no gurgles. I endured the silence for the whole drive which was 4 km and 10 minutes. Worriedly, parking the car in front of the library, I got out to check on her. She was gazing at the adjacent seat. "Oh, she's looking for me", I thought. Because that's where I sit when we go out and Ritesh drives. Till date, one of us has always sat with her at the back to keep her entertained.  I quickly opened the car door and she smiled! My heart leapt. "Was she distressed all this while", thought I.

Anyway, I took her into the library. Half an hour of usual fun- singing rhymes and dancing to ‘hokie-pokie’. Then again, the car drive back home. This time, I wondered, "Is the sunlight hurting her eyes? Shouldn’t she be hungry by now?". I played music so that she'll be aware of somebody’s presence. She again decided to be silent throughout the car journey. Hurriedly, parking the car in the garage, I got out. And whoa, she was sleeping peacefully.

Oh, I felt so relieved… and silly!

No comments: