Monday, December 15, 2008

I love cricket ... Do I?

Yes. Absolutely...would be my answer till about a few days back.
Ritesh and I had discussed cricket twice...no, thrice in the six months of our courtship. Ritesh says he was fairly impressed by my knowledge on the subject, though I had made it pretty clear that my interest in cricket starts and ends at Sachin Tendulkar.
Yesterday, when we came back from shopping for our home, Ritesh naturally first checked the 'cricinfo' site on his laptop to get the score of the ongoing India-England test-match. I have never entertained myself on something so dull. I mean reading every few seconds updates like- Flintoff to Gambhir (from South end): Played in the off-side, no run. No offence to the web-site. The amount of detail it updates about every single ball played in the game is certainly impressive!
Anyway, we went in the kitchen and our conversation breezing through various subjects moved towards my favourite and we (or I?) started talking about the decor we would have if and when we move to a bigger, better house. About half an hour later, I noticed Ritesh's pensive mood. Has he come up with some big idea? Curious to know his thoughts, I suggested that we sit comfortably in the living room and talk. Very gently, I asked him,"What are you thinking about, dear?" He replies,"Sometimes, I wonder that are all the cricket matches fixed? How come after having completely dominated England in the One day series, we are having such a tough time in the Test-match?"
Ahem, was he thinking about it all this while? Off go my coffee-table, flowers and lamps...
And, do I love cricket? Well, huh, it depends...I am not sure!

5 comments:

nitya said...

grin. maybe u shud go shopping n leave him to his cricket... he can hardly complain!

Pradnya said...

Complain??? I'm sure he would love the idea. But I won't :)

Richa said...

he he ha ha.. O Man !!
look this way Prads, you have got all independence in home & decor - do whatever u like.
But I do remember our good old days (10th std - ofcourse) when we used to discuss 'cricket' :-))

Pradnya said...

Ya Richa, I remember those days.Fun:) That's why I thought I loved the game.
But, back then, I hadn't met my husband who so completely LOVES the game.

Prashant said...

Not bad min.. u r writing at quite a brisk pace. Never thought you would actually be writing blog posts every month :)